Please remember that school choice cards are due this Sunday, January 31st. You can complete them online at http://schoolchoice.mpls.k12.
mn.us/ or submit a paper copy that is available at school (post marked or received by January 31st).
Who needs to fill out a choice card?· All incoming kindergartners and pre-kindergarten/High Five students
· K-8 students who live outside their current school’s attendance area and want to remain at their current school.
· K-8 students who live in the community school attendance area do NOT need to complete a choice card to remain in their current school.
· K-8 magnet school students who live out of their current magnet school zone and wish to attend their community school.
· All incoming high school freshman.
· High school students will be assigned to their current High School unless they complete a choice card stating otherwise.
If a student does not have a submitted choice card, he/she will be assigned to their community school based on their home address. Students attending magnet schools will be assigned to their current magnet school unless a card is submitted stating otherwise. Families will receive notification of school placements by early April 2010.
If you have questions please call 668-1840 or for bilingual support 668-3700. Additional school choice information is also available at http://www.mpls.k12.mn.us/