Hello Waite Park Supporters,
As the current co-presidents of the Waite Park PTA, we want to invite you all to participate in our annual fundraiser – the Waite Park Spring Social! This is an opportunity for adult supporters of Waite Park Community School to bid on a variety of silent and live auction items donated by the many businesses, organizations, and individuals that support us with their generous contributions and time.
Here is what you can expect at this event for the ticket price. Food will be provided by The Draft Horse with desserts by Sarah Jane’s Bakery. Drinks will be offered from Chankaska Creek Ranch & Winery, Indeed Brewing Company, and Barley John's. There will be non-alcoholic options, too. Dress up or dress down – it’s your opportunity to get out for an evening!
You will be able to visit with other supporters of our school community and participate in fun fundraising activities. There is a little something for everyone, including a fantastic Silent and Live Auction! Be prepared to bid high on these great experiences and items! If bidding leaves you overwhelmed, take a chance and buy a Mystery Bag containing a surprise prize from one of our many donors or play the Craft Beer/Soda/Spirits Pull or Wine Toss – Everyone wins!
The money raised goes directly to the Waite Park PTA and allows us to:
· Support classroom fieldtrips and special classroom academic projects
· Support school-wide programs, such as Safety Patrol and assemblies
· Lower barriers to parental involvement by making transportation available and providing translation services
· Bring the community together through PTA supported activities like Family Dinner Night, Craftstravaganza, Book Bonanza & Family Dance, Spring Social and Carnival
We want everyone to be informed and prepared for the event. So here are some key event logistics!
Waite Park PTA Spring Social on Saturday, April 28, from 6 – 11 p.m.
· Where: Food Building | 1401 Marshall St. NE | Minneapolis | 55413
· Parking: limited street parking + Free parking donated by GRACO in their lot on Broadway & Marshall
· Tickets: $25 at the door
· Payment options: Wine Toss and Craft Beer/Soda/Spirit Pull are cash only. For ticket sales, Mystery Bags, Silent and Live Auction items, we accept cash, check or credit card.
· Childcare available by pre-arranging with the Waite Park Recreation Center staff
Thank you for your generous support! We look forward to seeing you at this important and fun event for our school community!
Megan Sparks and Jamie Jackson